Write for Business and Workplace Success
6 August 2019
Start Time: 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Location: Dunedin
- Venue: Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place
BAD WRITING COSTS. GOOD WRITING PAYS.
A comprehensive, multi session course made up of four, 1.5 hour long workshops, spaced one week apart over six weeks. The course will give participants specific direction to follow between sessions. The course structure will enable participants to trial and embed their new writing skills in the workplace between sessions.
WORKSHOP 1: READER EXPECTATIONS
Participants will understand key reader behaviours and apply this knowledge to meet reader expectations.
WORKSHOP 2: ACHIEVING CLARITY AND CONTROL
- Participants will build sentences using phrases and clauses to ensure the clearest presentation of ideas for readers
- Participants will use correct grammatical structures in their sentences
WORKSHOP 3: MAKING IT PRECISE AND CONCISE
- Participants will relay complex, technical information for non-specialist readers using active voice sentence structures.
WORKSHOP 4: COHESION - PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Participants will build coherent, logically structured, reader focused documents.
- Participants will adapt their writing style and formats to meet target audience expectations.
Presenter: Morag MacTaggart, Training for Workplace Writers
With over twenty-five years’ English teaching experience, Morag is an accomplished education professional. She has held numerous significant English education positions, among them; English Head of Department, Literacy Specialist Teacher and NZQA Specialist Contractor.
Morag brings to her workshops an extensive understanding of the best ways to foster engaged, active learning. Her lively approach, coupled with plenty of laughter, builds a constructive learning environment. From here, new skill acquisition and most importantly, lasting change can take place.
Dates below for workshops:
Workshop 2: Tuesday, 20 August 2019
Workshop 3: Tuesday 27 August 2019
Workshop 4: Tuesday 3 September 2019
If you wish to attend an individual workshop and not participate in all four, each individual workshop will be available at the cost per person of $150 incl. GST per workshop.
Payments can be made on registration by cash or cheque payable to The Otago Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 5713, Dunedin 9058 | online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page when you register above.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org