Tools for team leaders
15 September 2020
Start Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Location: Dunedin
- Venue: Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place
Leadership is the core to getting the very best out of your team. “If there is no one on the helm then the ship is bound to founder”. As a business owner, team leader or manager in business the responsibility to lead is often lost by not understanding the importance of this range of skills. In this workshop we will look at some straight forward tools and how to apply them to work towards a high performing work team.
- What is leadership?
- What is a leader paid to do? What skills, knowledge, attitudes?
- Discovering our leadership styles
- What makes us a leader – or a manager
- Team roles – individual differences
- Situation leadership styles
- How motivation works and how to influence it
- Modelling of behaviour
- The importance of feedback
- Leading and rewarding staff
- Removing barriers to performance through coaching
- Communicating – the linking skills
CPD - 6 hours
Presented by: Mike Idour, Otago Chamber of Commerce
MANAGEMENT CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT VOUCHER FUND
This workshop has qualified with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund programme
Event reference: TFTLSEP2020
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers
Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information on the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund or to find your local Growth Advisor go to www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 742 1925 or 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org