Not for Profit: Minute taking & Strategic planning - the basics - WANAKA
8 October 2019
Start Time: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Location: Wanaka
- Venue: Wanaka Recreation Centre, Sir Tim Wallis Drive
In this one hour workshop you will learn how to take minutes in an efficient and effective manner. This course is for anyone who is responsible for producing minutes, or recording decisions at any formal, informal, large or small Not for Profit meeting.
- Understanding meeting process and procedure
- Guidelines for preparing for meetings, and how to encourage participants to come prepared.
- What to record and what not to record
- When and how to interrupt to clarify points
- The difficult chairperson, and disruptive meeting participants
- Minute-taking techniques and conventions so you can keep up with what is happening
- Legal responsibilities
Strategic planning - the basics
In this two hour workshop focuses on developing strategic plans for your organisation. The content will including where planning fits into organisational management, how to develop a vision for the future, and gain ownership of outcomes with all people involved.
- What is a strategic plan?
- How to gather good information
- Why it is important to have clear direction before planning.
- Establishing the vision or mission.
- Developing philosophy
- Developing major organisation goals
- What does a plan look like when it is finished?
Presenter: Errol Millar
Not for Profit organisations, charities, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit workshops. For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
Organisations outside of the Not for Profit sector are welcome to attend this workshop at the commercial rate of $260+GST ($299 incl. GST) per person.
Payments can be made on registration by cash or cheque payable to The Otago Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 5713, Dunedin 9054 | online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page when you register above.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 479 0181 or email email@example.com