Not for Profit: Communication for managers and leaders - Alexandra
21 February 2019
Start Time: 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- Location: Alexandra
- Venue: REAP, Alexandra Community House, 14 - 20 Centennial Avenue
Effective Communicators are skilled in what they say and how they say it.
The ability to communicate effectively with others is an important asset. It’s not a gift given at birth; it’s a tangible skill that any motivated individual given the right training and support can improve.
Communication is a complex skill that’s critical to personal and professional success. It should be viewed as a lifelong learning opportunity. In this workshop, we’ll look at many aspects of communication, including the critical skill of listening.
The goal of this workshop is not to have you leave as a Super Communicator. Instead, we want to give you enough information, practice, tips, and support to help you continue your lifelong journey toward better communication both inside and outside the workplace.
By the end of the workshop we aim for the following learning outcomes:
- To have an understanding of the 4 different styles of communication and your dominant style
- To have developed skills to communicate effectively across the 4 different communication styles
- To have built on existing questioning skills; asking high yield, effective questions
- To have further developed your active listening skills
- To deepen your understanding of, and be able to demonstrate, appropriate non-verbal communication skills
Training Presenter: Linzi Ebbage-Thomas, Career Steps
Not for Profit organisations, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit workshops. For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
Payments can be made on registration by cash or cheque payable to The Otago Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 5713, Dunedin 9054 | online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page when you register above.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org