Not for Profit: Communication for managers and leaders
22 April 2021
Start Time: 9:00am to 12:30pm
- Location: Dunedin
- Venue: Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place or via ZOOM
Effective Communicators are skilled in what they say and how they say it.
The ability to communicate effectively with others is an important asset. It’s not a gift given at birth; it’s a tangible skill that any motivated individual given the right training and support can improve.
Communication is a complex skill that’s critical to personal and professional success. It should be viewed as a lifelong learning opportunity. In this workshop, we’ll look at many aspects of communication, including the critical skill of listening.
The goal of this workshop is not to have you leave as a Super Communicator. Instead, we want to give you enough information, practice, tips, and support to help you continue your lifelong journey toward better communication both inside and outside the workplace.
By the end of the workshop we aim for the following learning outcomes:
- To have an understanding of the 4 different styles of communication and your dominant style
- To have developed skills to communicate effectively across the 4 different communication styles
- To have built on existing questioning skills; asking high yield, effective questions
- To have further developed your active listening skills
- To deepen your understanding of, and be able to demonstrate, appropriate non-verbal communication skills
Training Presenter: Linzi Ebbage-Thomas, Career Steps
*Please indicate in the notes section if you wish to attend via Zoom or in person.
Not for Profit organisations, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit workshops. Please provide us with the name of the Not for Profit organisation or club when you register. For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
The rate for all other organisations is our standard commercial rate of $395 incl. GST.
Payments can be made on registration online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 742 1925 or 03 479 0181 or email email@example.com