Not for Profit: Career Planning
27 October 2021
Start Time: 1:00pm to 4:30pm
- Location: Dunedin
- Venue: Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place or via ZOOM
Focus on your professional development and how Emotional Intelligence (E.Q.) can assist.
Self-awareness is the foundation of personal growth and success. The charge, “know thyself,” is centuries old, but it has never been more important.
A great career doesn’t just happen by itself it takes time, effort and most importantly, planning, to get right. A Professional Development Plan that considers your overall life, aspirations and objectives can be extremely useful in helping to clarify your career goals and sharpen your focus especially around development to do today in preparation for tomorrow.
By the end of the workshop we aim for the following learning outcomes:
- To have gained a deeper understanding of self and improved self-awareness
- Life Wheel exercise (pre-work)
- Values exercise (pre-work)
- Strenghts and Passions exercise (pre-work)
- To have deepened your understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- To explore how a 360 EQ Tool may assist in developing self
- To further your understanding of the Kolb Action Learning Cycle and how reflective practice fits into your life and can deepen your development
- To develop a Professional (and Career Pathway) Development Plan using the 70:20:10 approach (post workshop reading of White Paper)
- Post workshop task will be to prepare a Life Plan, using the concept 'Begin-with-the-end-in-mind'
Training Presenter: Linzi Ebbage-Thomas, Career Steps
*Please indicate in the notes section if you wish to attend via Zoom or in person.
Not for Profit organisations, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit workshops. For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
Organisations outside of the Not for Profit sector are welcome to attende at the commercial rate of $299 incl. GST.
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org