Mastering Presentation & Speaking Techniques
21 August 2020
Start Time: 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Location: Dunedin
- Venue: Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES
- Self-Assessment and ice breaker
- Strategies that create confidence and manage nervousness
- Impromptu Speaking
- The Science of Speaking
- Understanding and refining speaking skills
- Speech or presentation structure essentials that create impact
- Body Language
- Vocal Variety
- Question and Answer sessions
- Assessing the audience
- Stage Management
- The 5 principles of avoiding “Death by Power Point”
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Your participation
RESOURCES PROVIDED TO EACH PARTICIPANT
- Business and speaking resources folder
- Structure Guide and Mind Mapping
- Professional Speaking and Presentation
- Cue Cards
- Things to do today pad
- A copy of my book “How to Save the World” one question at a time
Business leaders, executives and owners, professionals, sales managers, organisational teams, individuals who speak at events and conferences, those in community positions and those in technical positions who want to make their advanced presentations more relatable and understandable.
Love to Speak
Raised in Dunedin, Craig McGregor has worked in diverse industries such as banking, insurance, stadium management and pathology. However, after hearing a radio show hosted by Jim Mora at Radio New Zealand late in 2018, he made the decision to set up his own business as a professional emcee, speaker, speaking coach and published author.Craig’s overnight decision took 12 years. In 2006, he attended a conference in Australia where the Emcee was 1998 World Champion of Public Speaking - Brett Rutledge. He promised himself then and there – “If Brent can do it, so can I.” Since then he has been in 6 Toastmasters New Zealand District 72 Speaking Finals, with 2 Bronze medals (2016 and 2018) and 1 Gold Medal (2012) which took him to semi-finals of the World Championship of Public Speaking in Orlando, Florida, USA.Craig’s passion is helping people just like you to love to speak and perform at their best.
Payments can be made on registration by cash or cheque payable to The Otago Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 5713, Dunedin 9058 | online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page when you register above.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call Mike Idour on 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org