26 June 2019
Start Time: 9:00am to 12:30pm
- Location: Dunedin
- Venue: Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place
Learn how to be a more effective communicator in the workplace, identify potentially difficult situations and defuse them.
- Professional boundaries
- Techniques for professional communication in the workplace
- Listening skills
- Give and receive constructive criticism
- What are the risks if appropriate communication is not used - what is and isn’t harassment?
- “I” messages
- Techniques for defusing difficult situations
- Non-verbal communication
Presenter: Trudy Schievink, Workplace Support
Payments can be made on registration by cash or cheque payable to The Otago Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 5713, Dunedin 9058 | online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page when you register above.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org