Effective Business Writing - Part 1 & 2
18 May 2021
Start Time: 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Location: Dunedin
- Venue: Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place
Run over two half days and spaced a week apart, this course is centered on the premise that good writing means good business.
When our communication is coherent and engaging, our clients, business partners and the wider communities we serve, feel respected and motivated to work with us.
You will bring to the course a document you are currently working on. You’ll be led through a series of hands on, practical tasks designed to build your skills and confidence. You’ll learn simple hacks to write more effectively and with more efficiency.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify your readers’ needs and meet your target audience’s expectations
- Plan and seek clear direction before writing for efficient time management
- Write grammatically correct, successful sentences every time
- Pay attention to the small stuff – refresh the punctuation basics
- Use different writing styles across a range of text formats
- Master the challenge of communicating technical, specialist information for non-specialists
- Create dynamic text to motivate and engage your readers
- Use reader-centric layout and formatting techniques to create coherence across large documents
Two half days.
When registering for part 1 we automatically register you for part 2, Thursday 25 May.
About the facilitator:
BA English, P.G. Dip Tching, Grad Cert TEAL
Morag is the director of The Writer’s House, a communications consultancy dedicated to the training and guidance of workplace writers. Since 2015, she has worked alongside professionals from all spheres who must write for work.
With over thirty years' English teaching experience, Morag brings to her workshops a deep knowledge of the English language coupled with an extensive understanding of the best ways to foster engaged, active learning. She been an English Head of Department, Literacy Specialist and English Subject Specialist for NZQA.
“I would recommend Morag’s workshops to all business writers. Even for those who have been writing for years. She clearly articulated what makes great writing. A great reminder to actively think about the construction of your writing.”
Gaynor Webb – Financial Accounting Manager
“Morag had a great manner, she was engaging and informative. The most helpful part of her workshop for me was revising the basics and remembering the ‘flesh and blood!’”
Leanne Marsh – Chief Executive
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 742 1925 or 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org