Otago Chamber of Commerce Otago Export Awards 2019
By Otago Chamber of Commerce | Posted: Friday August 23, 2019
The Otago Chamber of Commerce was proud to have partnered with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE), Dunedin Airport, United Machinists and Air New Zealand Cargo to bring you the inaugural Otago Export Forum and Awards.
The Otago Export Forum was an informative half day event bringing together Otago businesses and individuals with a global focus to educate, inspire and celebrate exporting success in Otago.
We thank each of our six talented speakers who shared their stories, all with inspiring successful personal journeys and insights into brand alignment.
- Jemma McCowan | General Manager, Marketing, Ōra King Salmon
- Kyle Murdoch | Managing Director, Natural History New Zealand
- Luca De Leonardis | Head, Australia & New Zealand, Invest Hong Kong
- Nicola Johnston | Group Marketing Manager, Silver Fern Farms
- Rebecca Smith | Director, New Zealand Story
- Rouen van Eck | Dunedin Regional Manager, Marsh
The Awards Ceremony was the culmination of months of preparation, nominations and entries into the inaugural Otago Export Awards. You can find all the photos here.
We celebrated Otago businesses and individuals with a global focus in the following categories:
- NZTE Best Emerging International Business
- Dunedin Airport Best Medium/Large International Business
- United Machinists Excellence in Innovation
- Air New Zealand Cargo Unsung Hero in Export
Winners and Finalists
Best Emerging International Business
- Artemis Ltd
- First Table
WINNER: BISON Group Limited
Best Medium/Large International Business
- Active Adventures
- BX Foods
WINNER: Tuapeka Gold Print
Excellence in Innovation
- BISON Group Limited
- BPAC Clinical Solutions LP
WINNER: Pacific Edge Limited
Otago Chamber of Commerce | Supreme Award for International Business
BISON Group Limited
Unsung Hero in Export
WINNER: Basil Goodman
- Chris Staynes
- Lyn Jaffray
- Nigel Bamford
- Jason Lindsey
- Tony Clark
- Ying Qin
- Kyle Murdoch
- Adrien Besson
- Brian Watson
To help us create an evening of celebration, we partnered with Vault 21, Prohibition Smokehouse and Catacombs Nightclub along with their Group Executive Chef, Greg Piner.
The Otago Export Awards Ceremony were held at Catacombs Nightclub and Greg showcased a range of Otago food and beverage suppliers.
- Harbour Fish
- Havoc Pork Farms
- Ōra King Salmon
- Puri Manuka Honey
- Silver Fern Farms
- Whitestone Cheese
- Cardrona Distillery
- NZ Whisky Co
Greg has an impressive career history as a chef, working for many leading restaurants around New Zealand and is a three-time finalist in the Silver Fern Farms Restaurant Awards.