Essential COVID-19 Update Webinar: Wage Subsidy & Resurgence Support Payment - available to view
By Chamber of Commerce | Posted: Wednesday August 25, 2021
If you missed the Business NZ Network webinar on the Wage Subsidy and Resurgence Support Payment, a recording is available view.
Representatives from MSD, IR and EMA will provide a brief update, addressing the common queries received from businesses on eligibility, requirements and obligations of the schemes, plus legal obligations as well as responding to live Q&A.
Common questions to be addressed:
- Wage subsidy eligibility
- Calculating and evidencing a 40% decline
- Wage subsidy entitlement for employees who were on unpaid sick leave, ACC, or unpaid leave prior to lockdown
- Financial support for vulnerable employees, or those unable to work due to childcare, for an essential service unable to work
- Support for contractors, payment obligations to temporary staff
- Wage subsidy for incoming employees with agreements in place
- Support for new businesses / start-ups
- How to get consent from employees if they do not have access to a computer
- Cutting hours
- Cutting pay
- How to pay the 80 per cent
- Using leave entitlements
- Leave without pay
- Using force majeure clauses
- Regan Jackson, Regional Labour Market Manager Canterbury, Ministry of Social Development
- Keith S Taylor, RSP Operations Lead – Small & Medium Enterprises, Inland Revenue
- Michael Witt, Senior Solicitor, EMA
- Paul MacKay, Manager - Employment Relations Policy, BusinessNZ
Register here to view this informative, insightful and important business forum. You will also get access to any relevant presentation or resource materials.
Please also see the FAQs sheet about the COVID-19 subsidy attached to the bottom of this article.