COVID -19 Update
By Otago Chamber of Commerce | Posted: Saturday February 27, 2021
Auckland is at Alert Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand is now at Alert Level 2. It is really important that we follow the Government guidelines to prevent another rise in alert levels. This includes using the NZ COVID QR tracer and using face masks on public transport or in crowded situations. Read on for all the information your business needs to know.....
LEVEL 2 Information & Resources
Details of what it means to be at level 2 can be found here. Useful resources for business can be found here. Most business will have procedures and policies in place around the different alert levels, but the most important thing we can do to assist the Government with managing the spread of COVID-19 is to use the Government Contract Tracing App.
Businesses and organisations can get QR codes at qrform.tracing.covid19.govt.nz. If you have any problems getting QR codes or with the NZ COVID Tracer app, please contact the Ministry of Health by phone on 0800 800 606 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Face coverings are mandatory for anyone using public transport which includes planes, buses, taxis and ride-sharing services such as Uber and Ola. The rule for face covering applies nationwide while the country is in Alert Level 2 or above.
Remember there is a helpline available for businesses 0800 50 50 96.
Financial Support Available
There are a number of financial support options available to your business, for more details see the COVID-19 Business Resource page on our website:
- The COVID-19 Leave Support Scheme is available for employers, including self-employed people, to help pay their employees who need to self-isolate and can't work from home.
- The COVID-19 Short Term Absence payment is available for businesses to help pay their workers who cannot work from home while they wait for a COVID-19 test result.
- The Resurgence Support Payment will be available if we are at Alert Level 2 or above for a week or more. Businesses and the self-employed will be eligible if they experience an actual decline in revenue of 30% over a 7 day period.
- The Wage Subsidy Scheme will be available if any part of the country moves to Alert Level 3 or above for a week or more. Check out the Work & Income NZ website for the latest updates - we are expecting a new wage subsidy to be announced this week.
- The Flexiwage Scheme has been expanded to support more New Zealanders back to work.
Support from the Otago Chamber of Commerce
If the Otago Chamber can assist you in any way, please contact us on 03 479 0181 or 0800 42 49 68 and select 1 for the Chamber or 2 for the Regional Business Partners Programme.
For more information about COVID-19 and the business support available:
Chamber Events & Training
Training will continue with suitable measures in place to ensure we meet Level 2 guidelines. Decisions will be made on events as and when COVID alert levels change. We will notify any registered attendees of changes to events as soon as possible.