Otago Pop Up Job Shop
By Ministry of Social Development | Posted: Monday October 26, 2020
Now on Thursday 5th November 2020 from 2pm - 5pm
With Covid-19 creating economic disruption across New Zealand and many workers having already lost their jobs, along with a second wave expected when the wage subsidy ends, a small team of enthusiastic professionals are pleased to invite you to be involved in the September 2020 Otago Pop Up Job Shop on Thursday 5th November from 2pm - 5pm.
The “Job Shop” will “pop-up” at The Dunedin Centre with access to the:
Glenroy Auditorium (open to the public 2pm-5pm):
Local employers, recruitment agencies, training providers and other organisations can have a stand free-of-charge at the Job Shop to provide advice, support and information to would-be job seekers.
The event takes an ‘any age any stage’ approach and will enable:
- Employers to meet prospective new employees
- Industry groups to showcase career opportunities, provide information and encouragement
- Training institutions and other providers to extend their reach within the Dunedin community
- The Dunedin Start-Up community to showcase their offerings and provide insights into becoming self-employed
- Senior entrepreneurs to connect with other seniors and support their endeavours
- Seasonal employment opportunities to be promoted
- Job seekers to find new opportunities for employment
- Parents and caregivers to gain new information and insights into career opportunities for their dependents
- Opportunities for migrants and former refugees
- School career advisors to be exposed to new opportunities and information on the labour market
- Local employment and training/upskilling to be encouraged, particularly in the growing construction industry
- Opportunities across the Dunedin labour market to be better understood, i.e., residents will have a better awareness of upcoming employment prospects
- Networks to be created and/or strengthened.
If you are keen to be involved, please assist us by completing this Registration Form.