Local Businesses Need Our Support
By The Otago Chamber of Commerce | Posted: Sunday June 7, 2020
Many of our local businesses are facing challenging times - we need to give them our ongoing financial support where we can.
We are very much aware that many of our local businesses are facing challenges, and will for some time. As a Chamber we are offering support for our businesses through various channels but one way that we can all support local businesses is by continuing to purchase their product or maintaining our financial contributions.
We urge you to support local businesses as it will be tough for a large number of people as wage subsidies end. These businesses all employ local people and it is important for us all to help where we can.
Let's all make the effort to:
- Buy from local retailers - shop locally supporting Otago businesses where you can, either in person or purchase online and get your purchase delivered by a local courier driver.
- Been putting off that work at home? Why not engage the services of a tradesperson and get the deck built, garden landscaped or room painted.
- Engage professional services - you can engage a lawyer, an accountant, get marketing advice, almost anything you can think of can be delivered by local experts.
- Maintain your subscriptions: to the gym; the ODT; the golf club; your Chamber of Commerce.
- Book in with your hairdressers and beauticians, or send someone flowers.
- Visit your local restaurants, cafes and dine in with family or friends. Let's finally celebrate those special occasions we missed while in lockdown.
- Take a tour of one of the many local attractions within Otago.
- Start to frequent your favourite take away outlets again.
- Continue to donate to charities - they need your support now more than ever.
Local businesses will be able to open fully now we are in Level 1 and will need your support more than ever to retain their staff and help the Otago Region recover.
Lets do what we can for our local businesses!