Covid-19 Redundancy Support
By The Otago Chamber of Commerce | Posted: Sunday May 3, 2020
The Ministry of Social Development is available to provide support and practical assistance to businesses and their staff if redundancies are occurring.
The Southern Labour Market Team and local experienced Work Brokers will be there to help you through this extremely difficult time. The range of services include:
- Discussing your specific situation with you (by phone or in person at your site depending on the Covid-19 Level at that time)
- Co-ordinating services with other agencies where required (including Inland Revenue)
- Supporting your employees (again either by phone or in person relevant to the Covid-19 Level)
- Assisting your displaced employees to determine their entitlement to financial support
- Assessment of role, work history and transferable skills
- Potential re-training
- Future job searching
You can decide what level of support you require and how best the Ministry of Social Development can support you.
Please do reach out if you need assistance – the Southern Labour Market Team are there to help.